In April 2018, representatives of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) visited BOG facility in Port Harcourt. The aim of the visit was to inspect the level of investment and milestone achievement since the last Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) was issued to BOG, with a view to re-categorising and renewing all expired certificates. This visit was a follow up to the previous one conducted in 2017. Objectives of the visit were to:
1) To re-affirm the recommendations from the previous inspection with respect to six (6) products and service areas:
- Flow Control – Valve Assembly facility
- Well Testing – Multi-Phase Flow Meter (MPFM) Assembly facility.
- Rotating Equipment – Dosing Pump Assembly capability
- Rotating Equipment – Air Compressor Assembly facility
- Rotating Equipment – Reciprocating Pump and Compressor Assembly facility
- Line Pipes and Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) – Threading Plant
- 2) To evaluate BOG ‘’GRE/ Composite Pipe Capabilities’’ with respect to BOG’s application to upgrade from category ‘B’ to ‘A’
The inspection went smoothly, and the officials were impressed with the level of investment BOG has put into Nigerian Content and capacity building.
The NCDMB team at the BOG Composite Pipes Fabrication Facility.
NCDMB team inspecting BOG capabilities on Pumps and Compressors.