BOG recently upgraded her quality management system (QMS) from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015. This QMS upgrade affords BOG a number of benefits:
- Improvement in Credibility and Image – Because ISO 9001 is an internationally recognized standard for Quality Management System (QMS), it has become the basis for creating a quality management system around the world, replacing many previously published requirements. This certification has been a powerful marketing tool for BOG.
- Better Process Integration – By looking at the overall process interactions through the process approach of ISO 9001, BOG has been able to more easily find improvements in efficiency and cost savings. This better process flow is used to drive efficiencies towards fewer errors and resulting reworks, which improve cost savings.
- Improve Evidence for Decision Making – One of the quality management principles of ISO 9001 is the use of evidence-based decision making. By driving our decisions based on evidence, rather than on “gut feelings”, BOG is more focused on applying resources to the areas that will improve efficiencies and increase cost savings with less trial and error. As a result, more often than not, the right decisions are made.
- Engagement of Employees – BOG understands that employees who are involved in the improvement of the processes, work better, are happier and better engaged. Engaged employees are more productive and will help the company better improve, especially when they understand how the quality of the process depends on them.
- Customer Satisfaction – BOG should better serve the customers to international standards and enjoy better customer confidence.
The First Stage of the certification process was documentation audit which was carried out in our Lagos office on 9th of October 2018, while the Second Stage (Certification) Audit was carried out on the 7th and 9th of November 2018 in our Port Harcourt and Lagos offices respectively.
The two stages recorded zero non-conformities in both regions; an unprecedent achievement in BOG.
The Second Stage Audit opening meeting with auditors from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and representatives of Bell Oil & Gas in our Port Harcourt Office
Cross section of BOG representatives and SON auditors during the opening meeting in our Lagos Office