BOG continues to provide reliable Well Testing services to its numerous clients. This time, BOG mobilized a four-man team from our Well Testing Department and our Multi-Phase Flow Meter (MPFM) to the Neconde/Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) Odidi Field to carry out Maximum Efficiency Rate (MER) tests on all flowing wells for product optimization. This is another Well Testing campaign BOG is undertaking for Neconde Energy Limited.

Well Testing simply means well data acquisition. Tests on oil and gas wells are performed at various stages of drilling, completion and production. The test objectives at each stage range from simple identification of produced fluids and determination of reservoir deliverability to the characterization of complex reservoir features.

Well tests are mandatory for regulatory compliance to validate the in-house production test result, determine production allocation and evaluate reserves. The campaign kicked off in April 2019. So far 24 wells have been tested, and the project is still ongoing. Previously, BOG has embarked on other Well Testing campaigns for Neconde Energy.

Neconde Odidi Field is one of the 7 fields under OML 42 and it is located in West Delta, South-South Nigeria. The field was developed by a joint venture between Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). SPDC latter divested its 45 per cent interest to Neconde Energy Limited, while the remaining 55 per cent interest belonging to the NNPC, was assigned to the NPDC, an exploration and production subsidiary of the NNPC. Odidi field is now a joint venture between Neconde Energy and NPDC.

A major new development in Odidi Field is the alternative evacuation route for crude via barging to the Ugo Ocha Export Terminal instead of the initial Trans Forcados Pipeline (TFP). This development has necessitated the implementation of oil and water treatments plants which will see BOG deploying its expertise in rotating equipment.

BOG Multi-Phase Flow Meters (MPFMs) have been successfully deployed to test wells for Total, ExxonMobil, Agip, Seplat, Heritage Oil, Belemaoil, NPDC in addition to the recent tests at Neconde.

BOG’s engineers operating the choke manifold and bypass manifold during the ongoing Well Testing Campaign at Neconde Energy’s Odidi Field.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.