JOB TITLE: CNC Machine Operator
REPORTS TO: Threading/ Machining Team Lead
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
To operate computer numeric controlled (CNC) machines and ensuring production of quality parts and tools specific to engineering drawings and customer specifications.
- Set-up and manage CNC machines to perform different jobs.
- Translate engineering drawings and requirements into dimensions for production.
- Ensure the CNC machine operates in accordance with the guidelines of the company.
- Oversee the machines while they execute the tasks and make the necessary changes to produce improved results.
- Check machinery daily to guarantee functionality.
- Record all machine actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Ensure that results of machining process align with client expectations.
- Conduct regular CNC machine assessments
- Ensure self-test is done and each process is inspected.
- At end of work each day, switch power off, wipe and maintain lathes and clean the workshop.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
- OND Mechanical Engineering/ Equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience working on CNC Machines
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, mechanical documents, engineering drawings and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Familiar with API Specifications
- Great attention to details.
- Ability to conform with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)