Job Title: Senior IT Engineer
Overall Purpose of Job:
Maintains computing environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance, trouble shooting, maintaining SAP.
- Develop and implement an IT administration methodology for the company.
- Documentation of Processes, Infrastructure & Network Administration.
- Establish system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements and designing system infrastructure.
- Establish system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems, defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintaining system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Managing the BOG Website and ensuring it is up to date always.
- Secure system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support.
- Upgrade system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets, monitoring expenses.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems.
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems.
- Maintaining existing software and hardware and upgrading any that have become obsolete.
- Attending to networking issues & wiring.
- Managing Microsoft Active directory, Azure, Office 365, Windows.
- Server Administration (server 2012-2016), User password administrations
- Any other tasks assigned by the CFO
- Hands-on experience in maintaining SAP, LAN, WAN, Thin Clients, Printers, Outlook, MS Office etc.
- Min of B.Sc. /HND in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Min of 3-5 years cognate experience as an IT ENGINEER.
- Ability to supervise junior IT Engineers
- Professional qualifications: CCNA, COMPTIA A+, N+ and MCSA
System Administration, Developing Standards, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Training, Multi-tasking, On-Call, Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning