JOB TITLE: Technology Engineer
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
LOCATION: Lekki Free Zone, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos
Primarily responsible for the technology of the production line, can write technology card and CNC programmes for production.
- Work as part of a team to design, install, monitor, and develop manufacturing equipment and assembly lines.
- Designing, developing, and installing plant control systems
- Liaising with designers, researchers, and engineering consultants
- Attending production meetings and forecasting production requirements
- Calculate production costs that include equipment, time, and labor
- Integrate the entire manufacturing process through technology
- Analyze production rates to determine why a machine is not at peak performance
- Document and file daily production results to aid production decisions by the management.
- Write technology cards and CNC programmes for production
- Producing maintenance schedule
- Ensuring that systems are working correctly and identifying, investigating, and repairing any system faults
- Ensure all programmes used in the production process deliver optimal results
- Deploy technology to deliver the maximum volume of high-quality products to be produced at the lowest possible cost and in the shortest possible time.
- Discussing and evaluating systems failures with plant manager and non-technical personnel
- Overseeing the installation, repair and re-assembly of equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain CNC programmes.
- Be up to date on the latest computer technology used in the threading process
- Assist in designing the layout of the plant using computer-aided design/manufacturing software where necessary
Person Specification/ Qualifications
- Eng in Mechanical / Production Engineering or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ cognate experience
- Familiarity with latest trends in threading process
- Proficient in the writing of technology cards and CNC programmes for the production process
- Very knowledgeable of industrial mechanical and production systems
- Ability to comprehend given instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, mechanical documents, engineering drawings and procedure manuals.
- Ability to multitask job duties effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Reading, writing and general math skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details
Candidates can also send updated CVs to email@example.com with job title as subject of email.